AnswerConnect is proud to announce that, through our partnerships with several non-profit environmental organisations, we have now planted over 570,000 trees worldwide.
Over the next 40 years, those trees will sequester half a million tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
As part of our One Tree One Planet initiative, we’ve partnered with the sustainable agriculture nonprofit Trees for the Future (TREES). TREES recently reached their own incredible milestone; planting more than 200 million trees worldwide.
Over the last three decades, tens of thousands of farmers have planted trees on their land through agroforestry training provided by TREES.
Making sustainability a core business strategy
The tree-planting initiative comes as part of our three-point plan to protect the natural environment, contribute to local communities, and encourage more sustainable business practices.
This action is part of a global push to increase corporate accountability and reduce businesses’ collective carbon footprint.
How our tree planting program works
When a customer signs up with us, they’re immediately added to the tree planting index. Through TREES, we then plant a tree on their behalf every month, at no cost to the customer.
The initiative has so far contributed to reforestation programs across the world; from the Amazon rainforest to the bushlands of Ghana to the habitats of northeast Australia.
Why tree planting matters
Trees are the lungs of our planet. Without them, human life would cease to exist. Yet between 1990 and 2016, the world lost 502,000 square miles (1.3 million square kilometres) of forest, according to the World Bank.
80% of Earth’s land animals and plants live in forests. Deforestation is a threat to the incredible biodiversity of our planet, but also to the people who depend on the forest for subsistence and income—many of them among the world’s rural poor.
Deforestation adds carbon dioxide to the air, already at record levels. Without trees stabilising the carbon levels in our atmosphere, we simply won’t survive on Earth.
- The planet lost 290 million hectares of native forest cover between 1990 and 2015. That’s the equivalent of 59,390 football fields of forest, lost every day.
- We cut down 15 billion trees every year.
- There has been a 46% fall in global tree count since the beginning of human civilisation.
How we can help
To have any hope of effectively fighting climate change, we must take collective action.
- Over the course of their lifetimes, half a million trees will absorb over 200 million kg of CO₂.
- Just one young tree can absorb 12 kg of CO₂ per year. That rises to 21 kg when it’s fully-grown.
- One young tree has the net cooling effect equivalent to ten room-sized air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
AnswerConnect CEO Natalie Ruiz said: “At AnswerConnect, we have always been passionate about giving back. We are serious about making a positive impact on people’s lives and our planet.
“This milestone shows what is possible when businesses are guided by purpose. Each of our clients plays a role in making this positive impact, and we are grateful for their on-going partnership.”
In 2021, businesses need to prioritise the triple bottom line – profit, people, and planet. In conjunction with our virtual support services – which aim to eliminate unnecessary travel – we’re committed to helping the planet, one tree at a time.
- AnswerConnect has now planted over half a million trees.
- The initiative is part of the One Tree One Planet program.
- AnswerConnect plants a tree on behalf of every customer and every employee, every month.
- Throughout their lifetime, those trees will absorb over 200 million kg of CO₂.